When your child is sick at school, the following Board letter is sent home. We realize that sometimes your child will become ill when not at school. We ask you to read this thoroughly so we are all on the right path together, and ensure that your child stays home when feeling ill.
We’re sorry that your child is feeling unwell. We look forward to welcoming them back to school once they are feeling better, in accordance with the provincial school screening criteria.
Students with possible symptoms of COVID-19, as outlined in the provincial school and child care screening tool, even those with only one symptom, must stay home until:
• they receive a negative COVID-19 test result,
• they receive an alternative diagnosis from a health care professional, or
• it has been 10 days since their symptoms began and they are feeling better.
The province has also issued new guidance for schools and child cares that requires all household contacts of individuals with POSSIBLE symptoms of COVID-19 to quarantine.
This means that if a child OR an adult has symptoms of COVID-19, all other adults and children who live in the same household must remain home from school or child care until:
• the person with symptoms receives a negative COVID-19 test result,
• the person with symptoms receives an alternative diagnosis, or
• if the individual does not seek testing, it has been 14 days since their last contact with the symptomatic individual.
The updated provincial school screening tool is available online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Please be sure to screen every day.
We recognize that these are significant provincial changes and we thank you for your continued partnership in keeping our students and staff safe.